Friday, March 21, 2008

Take a voyage to Atlantis...

Thankfully, we are broadcasting any and everywhere thanks to the internet. That means, good folks, we are podcasting. Do yourself a favor, pick up a copy and keep yourself updated. I found "Ham Sammiches and Coup Devilles," the greatest rap title ever, and it's a good song, too. I shouldn't have to tell people about "Royal Flush", but if you don't know, pick it up here. Patrick sent me an email with this subject line:

i just listened to royal flush 4 times in a row

That's basically how I feel, and hopefully you will, too. 2008's shaping up to be a pretty good year for rap just based on this. But combined with We Got It 4 Cheap Vol. 3, Rising Down minus "Birthday Girl", Wale's chances of blowing up, and the prospect of a new Devin the Dude tape, this could be lovely. Of course, "Lollipop" ruins any sort of momentum the year had. As long as Lil Boosie's talking about how his dog exploded, though, I think we'll be fine. Which reminds me, and I know people have been saying this for a little while, but I've come around on B.o.B. Any new rapper with lots of hype is something I tend to be skeptical of, but his writing is unique enough that he sounds like he's a mix of older Southern acts, just up to date with his generation. Especially "Left Field." I look forward to more of his stuff.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

yeah, between that lil boosie collab, the song with born wit it that samples bittersweet symphony and the mixtape i just downloaded this morning (hi! my name is b.o.b., put together by the ubiquitous mick boogie), i'm liking b.o.b. a lot. he's funny and self-deprecating, kind of like a less vulgar devin.

that outkast picture is amazing.