Friday, June 15, 2007

I am so bored...

Our friend and cousin is off exploring the southern portion of this hemisphere in Brazil (let me know if that does not work). Seeing as she too calls the greater Trenton area her hometown, we at Trenton Takes would appreciate it if you were to peruse her blog. J and Jesus greatly appreciate it.

Now that Jason convinced me to reboot the blog, I guess now would be a good time to update people on what I have been doing this past week, now finally home before I (finally) leave for Seattle. Here's one thing I've done:

Never tell me the odds

That's right, people, all six episodes have been on HBO of On Demand this week and I have watched the entire original trilogy (naturally) and The Phantom Menace. Not as bad as we all made it out to be, in hindsight. Just that damn Jar-Jar. Liam Neeson should have stayed in the series longer, he was easily the best actor throughout the whole series. And who didn't like the podracing scene? I remember buying the LEGO set for Anakin's racer soon after the movie was released. By "I remember buying," I mean "I remember my great aunt buying for me."

If you do not know which one is Anakin's, you do not deserve to read this blog.

In other news, the Spurs won the series. Sorry, Jason. While I am hesitant to agree with most people who say San Antonio is "boring," I will say this is one of the worst finals I have ever seen. It was clear for the get-go that the Cavs were over-matched; this was boring to watch because the Cavs sucked so bad and couldn't be competitive. PHX/SA was entertaining because both teams were playing with some sort of desire, so it isn't the Spurs' fault. But if I am watching the supposed world championship of basketball, I think I deserve more than the mediocre 4 games I was given. To the Eastern Conference: get some damn talent, I don't like seeing the same predictable series over and over. It doesn't help that you re all boring to watch. Goodness gracious.

A couple weeks ago, the Pied Piper released a new album. Here's one of the songs, entitled "Real Talk" here. I am really loving how in this post- 9/11 and post-Imus world, R&B singers and rappers still do not lighten their lyrics for the audience, or even because they're tired of saying the same thing as the next guy. I also love how at the beginning, Kells says he isn't here to "call no names," then proceeds to call his woman a "bitch" and her friends are "hos."


Bet you'll never look at birds the same again

It seems Alan Grant may be right in some respects. I still need to see The Lost World. To those who have seen it: is it even worth it? One.

No comments: